Thursday, May 17, 2007

Drunk Classix™: COLLEGE

So, my first apartment during college and my first experiences cooking regularly for myself also coincided with my first years being of legal drinking age. I had not yet really learned when to say when. Consequently, I would stumble home from McCormick's aka McDrunk's at 2am and according to evidence found later, upon my arrival at home it was time to stuff my face. Hence, I bring you the drunk omelet, something I now find even the thought of completely disgusting.

I was a vegetarian then, and am one now, but in between I became vegan, and although I now eat delicious cheese again, eggs in any straight-up, non-hidden-baked-into-some-sweet-treat-format are as gross to me again as they were when I was a wee lass. In fact I'm not sure I ever really was very cool with them, maybe I could only eat them while drunk.

I can't tell you now exactly how I made lo those many drunken omelets, because I don't really remember. I do know they involved eggs, milk, cheeses for sure (triple animal-prod threat!), then possibly some peppers. I also liked to throw some salsa in there for the purpose of Mexcellence.

Consume in .05 seconds while watching Sanford and Son or similar, then probably scrounge around for additional snackage and settle on gnawing on the block of cheese. Repeat every time drunk until several years after graduation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! That is a drunk Current Fave, in the form of an EggaDilla. Basically, make a one egg omelet. Load it up with like five different kinds of cheese, like a cup of each kind. Goop it onto your plate. Lick the plate when finished. Go to pan and chip off any errant cheese, which have become Cheez Chips.

Bravo!!

10002 said...

That's it. I definitely need a spatula!

lioux said...

OMG!!!

I Love, Love, Love ethnic foods.

Colleen said...

I think I also practiced the "every cheese into the omlet" policy. Course back then the only cheeses I knew about were cheddar, monterey jack, feta, Swiss, and American.
Not sure though.

Anonymous said...

omg, cheese-gnawage. i too have partaken in thy sacred drunken ritual.